A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KCFX-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Media Holdings Inc. or one of its subsidiary companies, 5800 Foxridge Drive, Suite 600 Mission KS 66202, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the 101 The Fox KCFX-FM “Rock n’ Ride OFF a NEW Harley Iron to Sturgis” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 60 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 60 Days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the 60 Days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01am CT on June 25th 2018 and will run through 11:59pm CT on July 14th 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
(i) On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays within the hours of 8:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. during the Contest Period. When the Station plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners should call the Station at 816-576-7739. Caller eleven (11) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be entered to win. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
(ii) On Site: Go to the Customer service counter at Gail’s Harley-Davidson during regular business hours located at 5900 E. 150 HWY Grandview, MO 64030 and complete an entry form from June 26th 2018 to July 11th 2018 at 6:00pm. (Including your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and any other information requested by the Sponsor). Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by July 11th 2018 at 6:00pm Central.
(iii) Online: Visit the Station’s website www.101thefox.net during the Contest Period, click on the “Rock n’ Ride OFF a NEW Harley Iron to Sturgis” Contest link, and complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 5:59 pm CT on July 11th 2018 to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per day per email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
(iv) Final Event: : Attend the Final Event remote broadcast conducted by that Station at Gail’s Harley Davidson hours located at 5900 E. 150 HWY Grandview, MO 64030 and complete an entry form with all required information (including your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and any other information requested by the Sponsor) BEFORE 11:00am Central. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by the deadline stated at the remote broadcast.
Winner Selection. Qualifying Winners. There will be one hundred and one (101) Total Key Qualifiers Chosen. Forty-five (45) Call in Key Qualifiers from On Air between 8:00:00 a.m. CT June 25th, 2018 and July 13th, 2018. The (15) Qualifying On-Air Winners the week of June 25th to June 26th will receive (2) tickets to Styx and Joan Jett at Starlight Theatre July 10th 2018. The (15) Qualifying On-Air winners July 2nd to July 6th will receive (4) Rock N’ Roll Dream Concert tickets at Providence Medical Center Amphitheater Saturday July 7th 2018, and The (15) On-Air Qualifying winners July 9th to July 13th will win (2) tickets to Foreigner with Whitesnake and Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience at Starlight Theater July 17th 2018. Twenty-Five (25) Key Qualifiers will be chosen from Online registrations to receive (4) Rock N’ Roll Dream Concert tickets at Providence Medical Center Amphitheater Saturday July 7th 2018. The Online Qualifying Winners will be chosen on or about 6:00pm July 11th, 2018, Thirty (30) Key Qualifiers From On Site registration will be chosen on or about 6:00pm July 11th, 2018, AND A Minimum of ONE (1) Key Qualifier at the Final Event Registration chosen by 11:00am central time. If ALL of the (101) Key Qualifiers are NOT present that day the station reserves the right to choose multiple entries from the Final event registration box that day at the FINAL EVENT in order to reach (101) Total Key Entries.
Grand Prize Winner Selection. Station will HOST the Key Drawing On Saturday July 14th 2018, between 10am to 12pm. ALL finalists MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to randomly select replacement semi-finalists for any disqualified semi-finalists from anyone in attendance from the crowd on the day of the contest. On July 14th, 2018 the Station will host a LIVE Broadcast from Gail’s Harley Davidson for the Grand Prize giveaway.
Finalist Selection & Notification: During the grand prize contest event, each Key Qualifier will be required to check-in with the station. When the (101) semi-finalists check-in they will choose a random number for the order they will choose a key in. Starting at or around 11:15am each semi-finalist will be given the opportunity to select (1) of (101) keys at Random. Each semi-finalist will pick their key and try to unlock the padlock on the box with the Harley Key inside. If there are less than (101) semi-finalists present for the event, the Administrator will remove the necessary amount of keys to display a number equal to the number of semi-finalists at the event.
Grand Prize Contest: During the grand prize contest, each finalist will be able to choose a key from the available keys displayed. The following will apply to each grand prize contest attempt:
- All contest attempts must occur in the presence of the contest administrator. Any attempt(s) not made in the presence of the contest administrator for any reason will be disqualified and is not eligible for the grand prize.
- Each finalist will have the opportunity then to attempt to use the key to unlock the lock on the box.
- In order to claim the grand prize, the lock on the box must open revealing the key to the motorcycle inside.
IMPORTANT: In the event of an error in the preparation of the contest materials or any tampering that results in any particular key from the (101) keys to open the box, then the administrator will conduct a random drawing between the finalists who successfully completed the grand prize winning requirements from all finalists names that signed in onsite at Gail’s Harley-Davidson on July 14th 2018 prior to the start of the key picking to determine the grand prize winner.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize winner will receive a 2018 Harley Davidson® Iron 883™ motorcycle from Gail’s Harley-Davidson in Grandview Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $10,000.00. Motorcycle Prize redemption and ownership paperwork to be redeemed and filled out on site at the dealership. All Contest Prize release paperwork to be filled out radio station for Tax purposes. Grand Prize Winner will also receive two (2) Extended Sturgis Buffalo Chip® Festival Rally Admission Passes to the Buffalo Chip Campground August 4th to August 12th, 2018 Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $650.00. Rally Admission passes includes admittance into the Buffalo Chip Campground with Tent camping in designated tent camping areas. Sites are unimproved (no power, water or sewer). Free access to Buffalo Chip entertainment and activities unless otherwise noted as a separately ticketed event. Two (2) FanVIP Upgrade-Seats for Saturday August 4th, 2018 for Foreigner, Red Sun Rising Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $450.00 Includes: Access to Fan VIP Reception Area 30 minutes prior to show time View of the concerts from on-stage seats until the conclusion of the performance Chance to meet the entertainers Light snacks available from 8:00-9:30 p.m. Unlimited soda and water 5 complimentary drinks from the Fan VIP bar Access: Grants entry into side-stage seats area only. No access into the VIP pit area will be permitted without that pass. Meet & Greets: All meet and greets are at the sole discretion of the entertainers. We cannot guarantee if they will do one or how many people might be included. There is no guarantee that you will get to meet an artist, get a photo taken with the artist, or that a photo will be provided to you should one be taken by another photographer. PLUS one (1) $100 VISA gift card to use towards gas or necessities for the Sturgis Trip or as grand prize winner chooses. TOTAL Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): for ALL Grand Prize Items listed above $11,200.00. Qualifying Concert Ticket Prizes. Forty-Five (45) On Air Qualifying Prizes: (15) Qualifying On-Air Winners the week of June 25th to June 26th will receive (2) tickets to Styx and Joan Jett at Starlight Theatre July 10th 2018. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Sixty Dollars ($60.00); (15) Qualifying On-Air winners July 2nd to July 6th will receive (4) Rock N’ Roll Dream Concert tickets at Providence Medical Center Amphitheater Saturday July 7th 2018 Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Sixty Dollars ($60.00), and The (15) On-Air Qualifying winners July 9th to July 13th will win (2) tickets to Foreigner with Whitesnake and Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience at Starlight Theater July 17th 2018 Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Sixty Dollars ($60.00); (25) Qualifying On-Line winners will receive (4) Rock N’ Roll Dream Concert tickets at Providence Medical Center Amphitheater Saturday July 7th 2018 Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Sixty Dollars ($60.00). Qualifying (30) On-Site winners will receive (4) Rock N’ Roll Dream Concert tickets at Providence Medical Center Amphitheater Saturday July 7th 2018 Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Sixty Dollars ($60.00); Minimum of (1) Final Event Qualifying winners will receive (4) Rock N’ Roll Dream Concert tickets at Providence Medical Center Amphitheater Saturday July 7th 2018 Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Sixty Dollars ($60.00). Qualifying Winners is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Media Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Media Holdings Inc., KCFX-FM 5800 Foxridge Drive Suite 600 Mission KS 66202.